Web App Developer
Daemon builds beautiful bespoke applications; you may have stumbled across our work as you hunted for real time Olympic results (Australian Olympic Committee), looked up HSC scores (NSW Board of Studies), read a magazine online (Yaffa Publishing), studied online (UNSW, Macquarie, TAFE Western) or ordered a skip bin (Bingo Industries).
Our tailored solutions encompass a range of integrated services from the Amazon ecosystem, Docker pipelines, big data analytics, to UX design for cutting edge start-ups.
We're looking for junior and senior developers to join our growing team, and help build a better internet.
Daemon Internet Consultants
- Location: Sydney, Australia (Potts Point) -- we prefer locals, but may consider experienced remote workers
- Responsible to: Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Communicate and cooperate with: Production and technical teams, and CEO
What's it all about?
- To build beautiful bespoke applications for clever customers
- To evolve and productise internal code
- To deliver Agile software projects
- To innovate and create; we don't believe in standing still
- To build and automate great things
- Development of highly scalable web based applications; including the occasional native mobile app
- Support, maintenance and ongoing enhancements to ongoing projects
- Work with clients to define and document project requirements
- Team coordinated project development
Day to Day
We work on a mix of projects; you'll need to adapt as needed. We'll provide on the job training for the right applicant.
- The position is based in Sydney, at our idea factory in Potts Point
- Design and development of enterprise level applications
- Docker based development; all our pipelines are Docker regardless of the technology
- Programming in CFML (Lucee on Tomcat) with a splash of other technologies; including serverless, Python, Go, PHP
- Database interaction with MSSQL, MySQL and NoSQL data stores
- OS platforms include Windows, OSX and Linux; you choose your preferred workstation
- Project based web application development
- Systems integration with legacy, enterprise and SaaS solutions
- Product development
- Technical specification and documentation of projects
- Initiative and the ability to work independently
- Excellent organisational skills, to manage several projects at the same time
- Ability to give feedback and argue for change
- High Proficiency in any programming language (we will provide training for other languages as required)
- Proficiency in SQL and database design; a knowledge of NoSQL models a bonus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Agile (Scrum & Kanban)
- Working knowledge of Git; we use github flow and git flow branching models
- Linux hack; most of our production environments are Linux based
- Experience with Docker (Mesos/Marathon & Docker Cloud are the current orchestration tools but we're always looking)
- DevOps chops; Chef, Ansible, Vagrant (becoming less important the more we Dockerise)
- AWS jury rigging; cobbling together interesting combinations of AWS services is a speciality
**NO RECRUITERS PLEASE**
Send a CV and cover letter to jobs-AT-daemon.com.au (email correspondence only please). Make sure to include an indication of your salary expectations. Successful applicants will be contacted immediately for interview.
PS. we're looking for "smart folks who get things done" -- diverse talent stacks are welcome